Friday, February 5, 2010

Windows Xp Patience Does Putting My Laptop (windows Xp) In Standby Mode Park The Hard Drive?

Does putting my laptop (windows xp) in Standby mode park the hard drive? - windows xp patience

I prefer to set my laptop to sleep when I get home from work, and work at home to keep the area intact to avoid my current work and the time to stop the boot process (no patience, I know). I want to know when in standby mode, the drive heads park. Otherwise, I fear that may damage the hard drive if the notebook that I am in my backpack.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do not listen to bon-gart or something. Yes, the pause mode discs parks. the only power in the standby mode is used to keep the RAM. For this reason it is so quiet in standby mode, because everything is closed, essentially Tour.

Anonymous said...

No waiting times not to park the hard drive. Up to happen with the battery at all times.

If you transport your equipment with Hibernate. Save everything that is you do to pictures of RAM, which represents a file on the disk and the system. When you turn the system back up, image file is loaded back into memory and resume where you left off.

End of line

Post a Comment